Craigsbank was one of the buildings that flung its doors wide open on Doors Open Sunday this year. And the result was really very positive indeed. John Baker arranged the weekend’s activities and he was ably supported by a strong team of volunteers.
64 individuals visited the buildings over the weekend. Below are just a few of the comments received:
- Fantastic experience: wonderful building: everyone so friendly and helpful.
- Thanks for taking part in Doors Open Day – loved the building and music
- So impressed! This “hidden gem” is amazing. Intriguing architecture. Even more I admire the way you form and run your church community. Our visit has been well worthwhile.
- Beautiful Magical Spiritual Many thanks
- It was a thrill to find such a beautiful modernist building in a part of Edinburgh we did not know. The quality of light and the serenity of the building make it very special apart from it’s functional success.
- Amazing architecture Thank you so much for your time and knowledge. This is a hidden gem.
- Having been Christened here on 8 August 1943, I found my visit a quite moving and enjoyable event. (Also repeated his visit to deliver copies of the October 1943 and March 1959 Intimations and family contributions)
- Very beautiful building, inside and out.
- Great to visit again and enjoyed Tree’s piece! ( Composer) Compliments the perfectly-realised minimalism of the architecture perfectly !
- The nicest church I have visited in a long time. Architecturally stunning and a surprisingly warm and inviting space. A reflection of the congregation, no doubt.
- Beautiful architectural lines. A hidden gem thanks to “Doors Open Day”
- This church has the WOW! Factor from the moment you catch sight of it coming round the corner and on entering – so unexpected to see the configuration which is so dramatic and inspiring. A wonderful space for worship – what a lucky congregation you are to have this gem. So pleased to hear that it has been recognised as “A” listed. Thank you for opening up today.
- We enjoyed the very warm welcome and were inspired by the beautiful airy space. The architecture is truly magnificent and is in great condition.
- An amazing place- well hosted – such a great performance and what a hidden gem. Wonderful.
- A wonderful display for a magnificent building! I appreciated the exhibits showing the construction of the complex. Great to see a hidden modernist gem in the City.
- A truly striking building beautifully looked after. Marion and John were brilliantly knowledgeable.
- A beautiful piece of Architecture. Really enjoyed talking to the volunteers and getting to experience the space and its wonderful light. Thank you